“Hi I’m Olaf and I like warm hugs!”
Olaf the Snowman Sushi Art Roll Recipe
I also included some pictures of the making this Olaf the Snowman Sushi Art Roll, which I believe would be interesting and fun! Hope you like this special recipe!
1. Prepare and cut the carrot strip, fishcake strips (kamaboko), gourd strips (kanpyo). They need to be about 10cm in length.
2. Add ground black sesame to about 25g of sushi rice, mix well to color it dark grey.
3. Wrap the fishcake strips with seaweed all around and between the two strips, this is for Olaf’s teeth. Wrap the gourd strips (kanpyo) into 3 separate rolls with about 1/3 seaweed sheet each.
4. On 2/3 seaweed sheet, lay the fishcake strips from step 3 in the center. Add the rice from step 2, forming a mountain like shape. Roll the sushi, this completes Olaf’s mouth.
5. On 1 seaweed sheet, spread about 30g of rice. Add the carrot strip in the centre, top up with about 10g of rice. Add the mouth from step 4 with the horizontal side downwards. Top up with addition rice to cover the mouth. Roll the sushi to complete Olaf’s head.
6. Spread rice on 1/2 sheet of seaweed and place one gourd strip from step 3, top up with additional rice if needed, roll the sushi. You need about 15g of sushi rice.
7. Spread rice on 2/3 sheet of seaweed. Place 2 gourd strips from step 3, top up with additional rice if needed, roll the sushi. You will need about 50-60g sushi rice.
Step 6 and 7 completes the body for Olaf.
8. Spread 10g on 1/3 sheet of seaweed, roll the sushi. Repeat. This is for Olaf’s feet.
9. Add pink deco furikake to the remaining sushi rice and mix well to color it light pink.
10. Join 2 seaweed sheets together using some sushi rice (smash a few sushi rice grains, it will be sticky and can be use to ‘glue’ the sheets together)
11. Spread some pink sushi rice on the centre of the seaweed. About 8cm length, start stacking the parts togeher. From Olaf’s feet (from step 10), to Olaf’s body (from step 6,7) and Olaf’s head (from step 5). You will need to add the pink sushi rice as you go along, to fill in the gaps and maintain the position of the different parts.
12. Add final layer of pink sushi rice around and roll up the sushi. Make sure the sushi roll is rolled tightly.
13. Divide the sushi roll into 4 pieces.
14. Add the eyes (seaweed and slice cheese), eyebrows (seaweed) and hands (seaweed).