Made Illustration Deco Toast again. And its Gudetama~~Gudetama design works perfectly with toast right?
Recipe for Illustration Deco Toast
Basic batter is sufficient to make at least 8 portions of coloured batter.
- 50g melted unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g beaten egg (about 1 medium size egg)
- 60g sifted cake flour
- *icing colours (brown, orange, peach, yellow)
- 0.5 tsp black cocoa powder
Note: recommend to use thicker bread slices for this recipe
- Prepare the basic batter by mixing. Add butter in bowl, add in sugar and mix well. Heat in microwave at 500W for about 15seconds (this is to melt the sugar). Mix well again.
- Then add in beaten egg, hand whisk to mix well. Followed by the sifted flour.
- Whisk to achieve an even batter.
- Divide them into portions. (8 tsp for yellow batter, 4 tsp for black batter, 2 tsp for brown/orange batter, 1 tsp for dark peach and 1 tsp for light peach batter, and the rest original batter for white colour)
- Then prepare the coloured batters by adding in icing colours, and black cocoa powder (o.5tsp) etc.
- Transfer the batter into small piping bags
- Pipe the designs on the bread slices. I start with the main colours first and end with the outlines.
- Toast for 4-5mins in a toaster, or using oven at 250C for 5mins.
- The gudetama illustration deco toast is completed!
The batter creates a soft cookie like layer on the bread, mildly sweet and delicious. If you like, you can also add other spreads when you eat your toast.
Have a awesome Friday! TGIF~~~Hope you will try making this Gudetama Illustration Deco Toast this weekend.
You can also color the batter as you require for other designs you fancy.