Here is the recipe for Brown Cony Pull apart bread which I promised.
Very yummy fluffy bread buns, please do try making them.
Brown Cony pull apart bread recipe
- 80g bread flour
- 1.5 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tsp yeast
- 85cc water
- 80g bread flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 18g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- edible food pens (black, peach and red colors)
- In a bowl, add in instant dry yeast and water. Using a wooden spatula or hands, mix to dissolve the yeast. Then add in the remaining ingredients for (A) including flour, sugar and condensed milk. Then mix vigorously for a few minutes with a wooden spatula to activate the yeast.
- Add in (B) into the mixture. Mix with spatula. Then using a Scraper, transfer all the dough onto the worktop. (remember to scrap clean the sides of the bowl too)
- On the worktop, knead and stretch the dough until about 80% stage. *ie the dough is no longer sticky to the hands, stretchy but not smooth yet.
- Measure and halve the dough portion. To one halve, continue kneading until smooth and window plane stage.
- To the other half, add cocoa powder and knead to incorporate the cocoa powder until the dough is evenly colored brown and is smooth and at window plane stage.
- Reshape the plain-dough and chocolate-dough into balls, place them in bowls, cover with cling wrap and let it rest for first fermentation at warm location. It will take about 30mins.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- After first fermentation, remove dough from ball. Punch gently to de-gas the plain-dough and chocolate-dough.
- Divide them into 3 portions each. Then shape into the desired shapes for Brown bear’s head, body, arms, legs; and Cony’s head, body, arms, ears, legs. If you have extra plain dough like me :D you can add some pink coloring to color the dough pink and shape into little hearts to add to the bread.
- Place the Brown and Cony parts next to each other in pairs, this way when they bake, they will come together as pull apart bread buns.
- Bake at 170 for 15-18mins. Cover the breads gently with a large sheet of aluminum sheet to prevent over browning at around 9-10mins mark.
- Remove breads from oven. Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Add the details for the eyes, nose, mouth and kiss marks using the edible food pens.