I think the miniature food trend has been really popular in the last 2 years. I tried a few myself and also posted videos on my Instagram.
What is it like making miniature food? I have to admit that it is quite a unique and engaging experience for me personally. It is not surprising why there are content creators solely focused on creating miniature food.
When I received the collaboration request from McDonald’s Japan (マクドナルド). I was so thrilled!
I proposed that we could feature edible miniature bento of their McDonalds’ meals. They loved the idea.
We did a series of 3 postings, featuring the hotcakes breakfast set, their burger set and nuggets with apple pie.
Everything is edible! Ok except that tiny white wrapper of the hash brown.
Here was what I used:
- Hotcakes – real hotcakes made tiny, topped with tiny piece of butter and drizzled with maple syrup
- Hash brown – fried egg, mcd’s logo on the wrapper is made from egg and tomato
- Happy meal box – carrot and egg sheet
Ah who love apple pie? :P
- Apple Pie – tiny piece of puff pastry, wrapper is made from cucumber, crabstick, egg sheet and black sesame seed
- Nuggets – real tiny pieces of fried chicken
Lastly the burger set!
- Drink – cucumber and deep fried pasta stick, tomato and egg sheet for the logo
- Burger – mini round sausage, sesame seeds, cheese, chicken, lettuce
- Fries – carrot and egg
I look forward to share more creations with you!